- BS James Madison University
Certifications and Professional Associations
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing
- Epic ADT/Prelude
- Epic MyChart
- HFMA VA/DC Chapter
Mr. Wood is a manager with McKinnis Consulting Services. In his role as a manager, Stephen is responsible for project delivery, project quality, and internal methodology and tool development. Stephen is a seasoned project manager and has considerable experience developing revenue cycle system methodologies to realize net revenue benefit.
Mr. Wood has experience working with numerous multi-facility health systems and large academic medical centers. He has served as the project lead for several EHR system implementations across the country. Throughout his career, Stephen has focused on process improvement and software enhancement as a means of streamlining the hospital revenue cycle. Stephen’s project leadership includes:
- Completed self-pay process improvement for a large academic medical center, resulting in a 90% reduction in customer service abandonment rate and a substantial increase in self-pay yield of $11.7 million annualized net benefit
- Led the Single Billing Office (SBO) initiative as part of an Epic optimization engagement for a large multi-facility health system, producing a best-practice SBO model through updating and implementing new workflows, policies, organization structure, and IT system build; improved early-out and bad debt vendor reconciliation efficiency to 99% while also increasing self-pay yield
- Managed an Epic implementation engagement at a multi-facility health system focusing on formalizing revenue reconciliation to increase charge capture and reducing candidate for bill, resulting in client surpassing 100% of cumulative revenue baselines prior to thirty days post go-live
Prior to joining McKinnis, Mr. Wood was a project manager at a major healthcare technology provider.