- MBA Candidate at the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business
- BS Computer Engineering; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Certifications and Professional Associations
- Epic Health Information Management
- Epic Resolute Professional Billing
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing
- HFMA First Illinois Chapter
Mr. Sheth is a senior manager with McKinnis Consulting Services. In his role as senior manager, Rajiv is responsible for project delivery, project quality, and internal methodology/tool development. Rajiv has experience in clinical documentation improvement, nonlabor cost reduction, strategic pricing initiatives, and operations and process improvement.
Mr. Sheth has experience working with large academic medical centers, multi-facility health systems, and community hospitals. Mr. Sheth has successfully implemented net revenue improvement initiatives and revenue cycle process improvements covering all areas of the revenue cycle. Mr. Sheth has also successfully helped organizations during the conversion process. Rajiv’s project leadership includes:
- Led integrated revenue capture and candidate for bill change management initiatives while leveraging the Epic platform to maximize revenue capture and minimize candidate for bill backlog for a six-hospital health system, resulting in best-practice metrics for both revenue capture and candidate for bill within thirty days as defined by Epic’s top 25% clients
- Led the strategic design of best practice charge entry methods and workflows within the Epic platform for a large academic medical center by working with department, revenue cycle and financial stakeholders
- Optimized HIM processes while leveraging the Epic platform to reduce coding backlog and increase coding efficiency for a four-hospital health system, resulting in reduced temporary coding labor and increased productivity in nine months
- Provided strategic pricing to maximize true net revenue increase by implementing targeted price changes resulting in an increased net-to-gross ratio and reduced gross increases. All these projects resulted in minimal impact to current-state chargemasters with increased transparency on pricing for the organization.
Prior to joining McKinnis, Mr. Sheth worked with a leading healthcare consulting firm.