- BA Economics; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Certifications and Professional Associations
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing
- Epic ADT
- Epic Prelude/Registration
- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR)
Mr. Higley is a Consulting Services Manager with McKinnis Consulting Services. He is responsible for project delivery and internal methodology/tool development. Mr. Higley has experience in HIS system conversion risk mitigation initiatives, AR performance management, process improvement, cost reduction, cost reimbursement, and targeted project management. Patrick has worked on net revenue improvement, system conversion, and business process transformation solutions in areas across the revenue cycle.
Mr. Higley has experience working with large academic and regional medical centers. He has performed in-depth analyses on administrative and operational process improvement and redesign. Patrick has worked with institutions to successfully identify cost reduction and revenue enhancing opportunities across multiple areas that have resulted in significant client benefit including improved process efficiency, reporting and accountability. Mr. Higley’s project leadership experience includes:
- Led an academic medical center’s revenue cycle HIS conversion by providing legacy system AR rundown strategies, claims testing, Epic system pre-bill AR configuration alignment, and revenue stabilizing processes through reports and workflow design
- Drove a large research academic medical center to post HIS conversion stabilization through workflow and operational redesign by improving AR performance, resulting in 29 Candidate for Bill AR day reduction
- Led a two hospital health system through a patient access organizational redesign, emergency department process standardization, and improved point of service cash collections strategy implementation
Prior to joining McKinnis, Mr. Higley worked with a leading healthcare and higher education consulting firm.