- BS Finance and Real Estate; Ohio State University’s Fisher School of Business
Certifications and Professional Associations
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing
- Trained: Epic ADT/Prelude Registration
- Trained: Epic Professional Billing
- Trained: Epic Cadence Scheduling
- Trained: Epic HB Claims
Mr. Onesko is a Consulting Services Manager with McKinnis Consulting Services. He is primarily responsible for project delivery, internal methodology/tool development, and is a recognized Epic Systems expert. He is a seasoned project manager and has considerable experience developing revenue cycle system methodologies. He is an expert in methodology development for Epic implementations and optimizations, and has helped clients reduce implementation timeframes, improve compliance, maximize reimbursement opportunities, and realize operational efficiencies. Mr. Onesko’s project leadership experience includes:
- Provided subject matter expertise on best-practice reporting, training, and staffing structures for large health care organizations, positioning them for a seamless enterprise Epic implementation.
- Led pre-live risk mitigation initiatives, resulting in avoidance of major go-live issues, increased operational involvement in system implementation, and ultimately, enhanced revenue cycle performance.
- Spearheaded operational and Epic integration efforts by implementing task forces and increasing accountability for revenue cycle and system excellence.
- Provided operations and implementation teams with valuable system design preparation advisement and insights to maximize value of Epic system design milestones.
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive integrated denials management process in a mature Epic environment through operational structures and enhanced technology use to drive significant reduction in avoidable denials.
- Led and managed operational reporting initiatives to ensure key management staff took advantage of available data to better manage their department and staff productivity.
- Led a candidate for bill (CFB) initiative that resulted in increased efficiencies and a sustained reduction to 2.1 CFB days of AR.
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive cash management process within a Single Billing Office environment including efficiencies in electronic posting and cash reconciliation.
Prior to his career at McKinnis, Mr. Onesko worked as a project manager at a leading healthcare technology provider and worked in the finance department for a large medical center in the Midwest.