BA Health and Humanity, Business; University of Southern California
Certifications and Professional Associations
Epic Resolute Hospital Billing
Certified Revenue Cycle Representative
Ms. Nowotarski is a manager with McKinnis Consulting Services. In her role as a manager, she is responsible for client project delivery and has experience implementing best practice revenue cycle methodology and technology solutions. Ms. Nowotarski has contributed to net revenue and process improvement engagements in all areas of revenue cycle.
Ms Nowotarski has served a variety of clients in revenue cycle process improvement and redesign initiatives including multi-facility health systems, community hospitals, and physician practice networks. Her engagement experience includes Epic go-live support and post go-live optimization; coding and charge capture optimization; design and implementation of centralized Revenue Cycle service centers; Patient Access and Patient Financial Services redesign; HIPAA v5010 and ICD-10 compliance preparation; as well as merger and acquisition transition support.
Ms. Nowotarski’s sample MCS experience:
- Implemented an Epic revenue cycle post-live optimization project for a multi-facility health system, increasing overall net revenue by $5.1M within one year of implementation of back-end initiatives
- Led an organization-wide denial and avoidable write-off (AWO) reduction initiative, resulting in a decrease of the hospital AWO rate by 47% and projected first-year net revenue benefit of $4.4M
- Implemented a government eligibility initiative to improve identification of government coverage prior to bad debt placement, resulting in a first-year net benefit of $500K and recurring benefit of $375K
- Implemented a payment validation strategy to validate accurate payment for all payers, resulting in over $300K in first-year net additional reimbursement
- Led the strategic design and implementation of a Revenue Integrity department, resulting in a sustainable, system-wide structure necessary to support an 18-hospital organization
- Led an Epic post-live Patient Access redesign project, resulting in an overall net revenue increase of $2.5M in point-of-service (POS) collections and vendor expense reductions
- Led the strategic design of a best practice Pre-Service model for a multi-regional health system, which included a consolidation plan for pre-service functions into a single corporate structure, alignment of workflows with best practice standards, and process optimization
Prior to her career at MCS, Ms. Nowotarski worked in the revenue management practice of a leading healthcare consulting firm.