- BS; Business Finance – Iowa State University
Certifications and Professional Associations
- Resolute Hospital Billing
- Benefits Engine
Mr. Kersten is a manager with McKinnis Consulting Services. In his role as a manager, he is responsible for project delivery, internal development, and is a recognized Epic Systems expert. Mr. Kersten has a background in project management, system implementation, and operational process improvement.
Mr. Kersten has experience working with large academic medical facilities, multihospital organizations, and pediatric hospitals. His focus areas include implementation coordination, net revenue improvement, charge capture, and SBO.
Mr. Kersten’s sample MCS experience:
- Led integrated revenue capture and candidate for bill change management initiatives while leveraging the Epic platform to maximize revenue capture and minimize candidate for bill backlog for a three-hospital health system, resulting in best-practice metrics including meeting base-line revenue within a week of Go Live
- Led the strategic redesign of business office functions during the implementation of Epic Single Business Office functionality
- Project Manager for the implementation of Epic’s Revenue Cycle application suite at a large multihospital organization
- Managed and performed diagnostic audits at several healthcare organizations providing best practice recommendations to optimize system configuration and operational processes
- Facilitated operational and Epic integration efforts by implementing task forces and increasing accountability for revenue cycle and system excellence
Prior to his work at McKinnis, Granger served as a project manager at a leading healthcare technology provider.