- BS Business Administration; University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill’s Kenan Flagler School of Business
Certifications and Professional Associations
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing
- Epic Resolute Professional Billing
- Epic Claims Administration
- Epic ADT
- Epic Prelude Registration
- Epic Benefits Engine
Ms. Jacobini is a senior manager with McKinnis Consulting Services. In her role as senior manager, Caroline is responsible for client project management and providing expertise on best practices for EHR revenue-cycle process design and system configuration. Ms. Jacobini has extensive experience in post system conversion AR stabilization, Patient Access process improvement, gross revenue charge capture efficiency, and operational and IT process improvement.
Ms. Jacobini has experience working with large academic medical centers, multi-facility health systems, and community hospitals. Ms. Jacobini has successfully implemented net revenue improvement initiatives and revenue cycle process improvements covering all areas of the revenue cycle. Ms. Jacobini has also successfully helped organizations during the conversion process.
Ms. Jacobini sample MCS experience:
- Led AR stabilization initiative for a post conversion client resulting in a reduction of their DNFB by over $250M resulting in an Epic top 25% best practice metric
- Redesigned patient access workflows resulting in a 15% improvement in registration quality and decreasing the number of scheduled unauthorized visits by 25%
- Led a revenue charge capture efficiency project by changing the organizational structure around revenue integrity functions leading to an overall 1% increase in gross revenue
- Led pre-live risk mitigation initiatives, resulting in avoidance of major go-live issues, increased operational involvement in system implementation, and ultimately, enhanced revenue cycle performance
- Spearheaded operational and Epic integration efforts by implementing task forces and increasing accountability for revenue cycle and system excellence
Prior to her career at McKinnis, Ms. Jacobini worked as a project manager at a leading healthcare technology provider and has held client strategy positions in other industries such as a leading high-tech fortune 500 companies.