BS Applied Health Sciences with a concentration in Health Administration; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Certifications and Professional Associations
Resolute Hospital Billing
Ms. Fickenscher is a manager with McKinnis Consulting Services. In her role as a manager, Candace is responsible for project delivery, project quality, and internal methodology/tool development. Candace has experience in operational engagement throughout an Epic conversion, denials management, AR management modeling, revenue reconciliation and optimization, and overall revenue cycle process improvement and change management.
Ms. Fickenscher has experience working with large academic medical centers and multi-facility health systems. Ms. Fickenscher has successfully implemented large-scale change management initiative within physician groups and hospitals covering all areas of the revenue cycle.
Ms. Fickenscher’s sample MCS experience:
- Designed and led operational engagement of key revenue cycle leaders through Epic conversion through the use of risk management techniques, key performance indicator tracking and benchmarking, work list and productivity mapping, and legacy receivable rundown modeling and staffing
- Supported operational redesign initiatives to consolidate regional physician billing offices and the creation of a centralized self-pay follow-up unit
- Designed and implemented comprehensive integrated denials management process in a mature Epic environment through operational structures and enhanced technology use to drive reduction in avoidable denials
- Organized process for monitoring all revenue cycle third party application workflows and implementation processes during Epic implementation; including workflow documentation and vendor selection
- Led large physician group through operational change management initiative to decentralize accountability for departmental revenue capture, including necessary policy, technology, and education to ensure minimal revenue recognition disruption during system conversion
Prior to joining McKinnis, Ms. Fickenscher worked with a leading healthcare consulting firm as an Operations Lead.