BBA; Management and HR
Business Certificate in the Spanish Language – University of Wisconsin
Certifications and Professional Associations
Mr. Gigl is a manager with McKinnis Consulting Services. In his role as a manager, Benett is responsible for project delivery, internal development, and is a recognized Epic Systems expert. Mr. Gigl has a background in project management, system implementation, and operational process improvement.
Mr. Gigl has experience working with large academic medical facilities and multihospital organizations. His focus areas include candidate for bill management (CFB), Hospital/Professional Billing and SBO Redesign. He also has experience redesigning workflows in specialty areas such as Patient Access and Financial Counseling.
Mr. Gigl’s sample MCS experience:
- Led the development of a Candidate for Bill (CFB) Task Force which resulted in the reduction of CFB days for a large multihospital system from over 13 days to surpassing the top-quartile candidate-for-bill metric reaching 3.2 days ($60M impact in 9 months)
- Implemented an Epic revenue cycle post-live optimization project for a multi-facility health system, increasing overall net revenue by $5.1M within one year of implementation of back-end initiatives
- Designed and implemented a best practice customer service strategy which led to a reduction in call abandonment rate to 3% which was an 88% reduction
- Led the strategic redesign and implementation of Hospital and Professional Billing and Patient Access workflows, resulting in streamlined and standardized processes necessary to support an 18-hospital organization
- Led an Epic post-live Patient Access redesign project, resulting in an overall net revenue increase of $2.5M in point-of-service (POS) collections and vendor expense reductions
- Led a claims testing effort at a pre-live specialty hospital that resulted in over 98% claims clearinghouse acceptance for both hospital and professional claims
Prior to his work at McKinnis, Benett served as a project manager at a leading healthcare technology provider.