BA Mathematics, Economics, Finance; Washington University
MBA candidate, Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management
Certifications and Professional Associations
Epic Resolute Hospital Billing
HFMA First Illinois Chapter
Certified Revenue Cycle Representative
Mr. Story has worked with numerous multi-facility health systems, academic medical centers, and community hospitals. Throughout his career, Doug has focused on process improvement and software enhancement as a means of streamlining the hospital revenue cycle.
Mr. Story’s sample MCS experience:
- Project director for a net revenue improvement and revenue cycle redesign engagement at a large academic medical center, including targeted vendor implementation and HIS optimization
- Served as project director for an Epic pre-live risk mitigation engagement that included charge testing, revenue management, candidate for bill management, single billing office design, third-party integration strategy, and legacy AR planning
- Served as project director for multiple HIS metric stabilization and optimization engagements that included candidate for bill reduction, professional charge review reduction, professional revenue reconciliation, and single billing office workflow redesign
- Led numerous initiatives to implement a best-practice revenue cycle organizational structure including establishment of new departmental structures, development of revenue cycle governance policies, review and optimization of job descriptions, and analysis of staffing levels to align with future-state models
- Served as interim business office director of a large health system on the west coast and provided management oversight of a large-scale reference lab leading to improved operational metrics within billing and collections processes
Prior to joining McKinnis, Mr. Story was a project manager at a leading healthcare technology provider.